Welcome to the 3rd week of the 4th season of the SFCCL. With the number of matches mounting up (31 per fighter as of this week), each fighter in the league should have 4 matches complete this season. How many have you played so far? Don't worry if haven't started or have played less than the average as I have yet to begin my season as well. Still shaking off the rust myself but I am starting to get that itch for real league matches. Currently, with 32 members the average number of match that should be played is 1.29 per week. This is just a suggestion in order to play all matches on your schedule by the end of the season. As we continue to expand, look for that number to increase as well.
1. WEEK 3 MATCH RESULTS
2. DIVISION STANDINGS
For the first time this season, one additional match has been played in one division. RAMMA and CRUSADER only played their B Division match this week, thus, causing the total discrepancy. Not a big deal since both members agreed to meet up again at a later day to play their A Division match. This is the great thing about the league's current format - the flexibility.
Since our numbers will be growing to 33 members (66 fighters) soon, I may make another change to how many fighters will qualify for SUPER BRAWL IV. I still want to keep the top spots reserved for the event, but with more figthers each week, the number of spots may increase. I am currently brainstorming if the spots will be increased from 12 to 16. At 33 figthers per division, that would still be less than half of the figthers advancing to the end-of-season tournament. However, another idea I am working on is creating a separate tournament for the next 8 to 12 spots in the rankings. These next group of figthers would not play in SUPER BRAWL IV, but could battle it out in a secondary tournament for the intermediate members. We all know the best figthers will secure the top spots in the division standings, so it would be nice to have a second tournament for the next skill level to battle it out for their own title. There is still plenty of time to decide which format is best, so stay tuned.
NOTE - division standings are based on total number of wins, not winning percentage. The more you play, the more opportunities for more wins.
3. CHANGE OF FIGHTERS
None since last post on Monday.
4. NEW MEMBERS JOINING IN WEEK 5 (JULY 2nd)
So far, we only have one new member set to join the league during Week 5. Some of the veteran members of the league might recognize the name. Note, all new members will have to wait at most two weeks before offcially joining the season.
1. XxUltimaCloudxX (Canada)
CLOUD is only one of very few members of the SFCCL to hold the title of Grand Champion. He captured the top spot during season two. Back then, the Grand Champion could change from week to week as the league operated under a different format. With the format change last season, only one Grand Champion is crowned each season. With CLOUD's addition on July 2nd, each fighter's schedule will increase to 32 matches each.
Below is a list of all the former Grand Champions.
OF SFCCL GRAND CHAMPIONS:
1st Champion:Lux_ GUILE (California - Retired)
* retired undefeated after becoming the first-ever champion by winning the opening SFCCL tournament in April 2009. Defended the title for 5 weeks before vacated the title following Week 5 following a mirror-match against his other undefeated
2nd Champion:ElGeneral M. BISON (California - Retired)
* assumed the Gold Championship as the #1 Contender following the retirement of Lux. Defended the title for 3 weeks before losing the title in another mirror-match to ElGeneral's main fighter, Guile, in Week 9.
3rd Champion / 6th Champion: ElGeneral GUILE (California - Retired)
* assumed the Gold Championship following a mirror-match against ElGeneral's secondary fighter, M. Bison. Defended the title for record 10 weeks before losing the title to xxUltimaCloudxx's Rufus in Week 20. Regained the Gold Championship following the defeat of Skrface13's Blanka in Week 3 of season two and became the first-ever two-time SFCCL Grand Champion. Lost to Zti890's Cammy in Week 6 of season two.
4th Champion:XxUltimaCloudxX RUFUS (Canada)
* became the Gold Championship following the defeat of ElGeneral's Guile. Defended the title for 5 weeks entering the SUPER BRAWL tournament. Lost in the second round of the tournament.
5th Champion / 9th Champion / 15th Champion: Skrface13 BLANKA (New Jersey)
* became the Gold Champion after winning the first-ever Super Brawl tournament to end season one. Continued as Gold Champion to begin season 2 based on his overall winning percentage and Super Brawl victory. Became the 2nd ever two-time Grand Champion by winning the Fall Brawl Gold Division tournament during Week 11 of season two. Regained Grand Champion title for a record third time by winning Super Brawl III.
7th Champion:Zti890 CAMMY (Louisiana - Retired)
* became the Gold Champion following the defeat of ElGeneral's Guile in Week 6 of season two. Lost to Zabi-’s Viper in Week 7 of season two.
8th Champion / 10th Champion: Zabi- C. VIPER (New York - Retired)
* became the Gold Champion following the defeat of Zti890’s Cammy in a 1st Place Prize Match earned by winning the Survivor Series tournament in Week 7 of season two. Lost the title in the 2nd Round of the Fall Brawl Gold Division tournament during Week 11 of season two. Recaptured the title in Week 13 by defeating Skrface's Blanka in regular weekly match and Rematch Clause match immediately after the regular match. Lost the championship to Cuby's Ken in a 2vs2 Tournament 1st place Prize Match in Week 14.
11th Champion: Cuby KEN (Florida - Retired)
* became the second-ever Grand Champion following a defeat of Zabi-'s Viper during Week 14 as a result of earning a 1st Place Prize Match earned by winning the 2v2 Tournament with his brother, Jay19000, during Week 13 of season two. An added note is that Cuby's Ken was the Bronze Champion going into the Prize Match, thus becoming the first champion to win the championship from a ranking outside of the Gold Division.
12th Champion: Fran_Gil BALROG (Dominican Republic - Retired)
* became the first-ever Grand Champion not from the USA or Canada following a defeat of Cuby's KEN during Week 18 of season two. Lost the championship to Epedemicc’s Gouken in Week 20 of season two.
13th Champion: Epedemicc GOUKEN (New Jersey - Retired)
* became the Grand Champion following the defeat of Fran_Gil’s BALROG during Week 20 of season two. Lost title in 4thround of Super Brawl II.
14th Champion: Cravin456 RYU (England - Retired)
* became the first European Grand Champion by winning Super Brawl II. Did not finish the 3rd season.
Here is last Monday's NEW MEMBER poster I forgot to post.
Where: PS Home (Mansion Garage)
We are now less than 2 weeks from the first live event of the season, the STARDUST TOURNAMENT. Remember, this an invite-only event. To get an invite, you must hold the #1 spot in Battle Points for one of the 39 characters in SSFIV:AE Ver. 2012. Below is an updated list of who leads in each of the 39 leaderboards. Don't fret if you don't see your name next to your favorite fighter - you still have little more than a week to raise your Battle Points. I'll update these numbers one more time next Friday before I post the final number son Sunday, July 1st. The numbers posted next Sunday will be the final numbers and the members with the #1 spot will have 1st choice to play that character in the STARDUST Tournament. As mentioned in a previous blog, I will post a sldeshow or video showing where I got my final numbers. Finally, even if you don't own the top spot in BPs with your favorite character, keep playing. The memebrs listed above you may not show up to the event, in which the next member listed on the BP leaderboard will get the option of playing the character in the tournament. Just show up in PS Home at the time of the event and you might stil get to play!
So don't give up!
The only changes I've made since last Monday's post was updating the Player Points and Battle Points as mentioned above.
Until next time...good luck!
*** SFCCL-SALonghorn ***