* Week 5 = Gold vs Silver, Bronze vs A Division, B vs C Division, Red vs Blue Division
* Week 10 = Gold Division exempt, Silver vs Bronze, A vs B Division, C Division vs Top 8 from Waiting List
* Week 15 = Gold vs Silver, Bronze vs A Division, B vs C Division, Red vs Blue Division
* Week 20 = Gold Division exempt, Silver vs Bronze, A vs B Division, C Division vs Top 8 from Waiting List
* Week 25 = Gold vs Silver, Bronze vs A Division, B vs C Division, Red vs Blue Division
You may notice Week 10 and 20 will give the opportunity for the Top 8 members on the Waiting List a chance to 'earn' their spot in the SFCCL. The 8 players on the Waiting List (with their 2 fighters) will fight the 16 fighters in the C Division. The winning fighter will then be in the C Division, while the losing fighter is out of the SFCCL. It is possible that all C Division fighters win and keep their spot in the SFCCL. It is also possible that all 16 Waiting List fighters win & create a brand new C Division. But most likely to happen above all is some C Division and some Waiting List fighters win their matches. In that event, it is possible to have several members in the league only have one fighter in the rankings as a result of these matches. More details forthcoming as we approach these two specific weeks.
I am most excited to see how the Ryder Cup plays out. I understand that it will burden the members to play additional matches over time, but I expect all 8 fighters to want to participate in this international competition. I am still not 100% sold on the name 'Ryder Cup', but it does seem most appropriate name for now since it comes from the PGA golf competition between American and European players. Also, the logo posted here is only a mockup I've done. I'm hardly a graphics artist, so I encourage anyone to submit their design to become the official logo of the SFCCL Ryder Cup. I'm also up for renaming the competition.
Good luck to all members in the final days of Week 4. Deadline to play your matches is this Sunday, August 22nd.