Here is a listing of the 7 remaining members that have yet to confirm their playing this season:
NEW RULES FOR SEASON 2
Below are some of the new rules implemented for this season, which can be seen in full on the RULES & SIGNUP page. For the purpose of this blog, I want to highlight some of the changes from last season:
* The league will be comprised of 40 members (80 fighters) to begin the season. This is subject to change as the season progresses.
* The opening 40 members were chosen due to their 85% or greater completion rate for their matches in season 1.
* With 40 members (80 fighters), there will be only 5 divisions consisting of 16 fighters each. This is also subject to change in the future.
* New members interested in joining the league will be placed on the Waiting List and await an opening in the league to join. Interested member will be placed in a first-come, first-served queue.
* Following Week 1, any member is free to change their fighters; however, the new fighter will be ranked at #15 in the next lowest division.
* For record keeping purposes, mirror-matches will no longer count as forfeits.
* Each division will have matches known as a "Hot Match". The term "hot match" refers to the bigger than usual jump in rankings for the winning fighter. Typically, a win results in rising up the rankings by 2 spots for the following week. However, in a "hot match", the jump in rankings may be as much as 6 or 7 spots. The "hot match" was put into place to assist the best fighters to quickly rise up the rankings in a division. In the previous season, it would take 6 to 7 weeks to rise from #15 to the Champion rank. This season, as a result of the "hot match", it will only take 4 weeks providing the fighter wins every match. Losing will make them fall into the regular matches and regular rankings.
* New members to the league will be under a 3-week probationary period in which they must play all their matches. Any unplayed matches will result in being dropped from the league. After successfully completing the 3-week probationary period, the new members will be subject to the normal '2-week-of-no-show rule' for being dropped from the league.
* Inter-Divisional Matches will be played every 5 weeks. There will be two different schedules (rotations) that will be played every other time. One of those rotations will have the lowest division battling the Top 8 members on the Waiting List & their 2 fighters. The winners of these matches will make up the new B Division (or lowest division). It is possible as a result of these matches that certain members may only have 1 fighter in the league.
* Special Events will take place every other month at the minimum. The Special Events are live events in which members must be online at the time of the event to participate. All Special Events are completely voluntary. The prizes earned by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will include Prize Matches for each level. The Prize Match awards the top finishers of the event and grants each member an opportunity to challenge any fighter in the league for their ranking. This match takes place in addition to the weekly matches. The winner of the Prize Match keeps the higher ranking, while the losing fighter assumes the lower ranking. New events like War Games (endless battle), Fall Brawl (inter-division tournaments), and Singles Nite will be in addition to the Survivor Series and 2v2 Tournament. A special announcement will be made detailing the date of an upcoming event and all details will be posted under the SPECIAL EVENTS page. More info on the specific events is listed later in this blog.
NEW WEBSITE DESIGN
As you have probably noticed, the website has gone under a massive update. Obviously, with the release of Super Street Fighter IV, I felt the league site should also get a facelift following season 1. Outside of the website color palette, many other features have been changed or added. In addition to the official SFCCL blog, the HOME page now lists four different feeds from various websites regarding Capcom or Super Street Fighter IV. The included feeds are from Joystiq SSFIV news, Capcom Unity SSFIV blog, Gooktecks.com, and news from ShoRyuKen.com. Feel free to let me know if there are any other feeds or websites I should list as I would like the SFCCL site to be a portal to all Street Fighter news. The division champion photos will also be changed for aesthetic purposes.
The BLOG page is relatively unchanged. There are a few more useful to SFCCL related media on the right hand side, including the SFCCL 2v2 League, the official Facebook page for the SFCCL and the direct links to the on-going forums related to the SFCCL at SRK.com, StreetFighter4forums.com, and the Official PlayStation forums.
The RULES & SIGNUP page is probably the most changed page so far. The Rules are now in an-easier-to-read format including better organization and layout. The Signup form located at the bottom of the page is now much better crafted to gather some basic information from every member of the league. Based on a recommendation from member BANKERD, I am now collecting basic information like home state (or country) and best times to play matches. This information will be posted for all members to see in order to better assist everyone in contacting their opponents each week to setup a time to play, understanding their time zone, and schedules. The emails to each member I will keep confidential and I will only use them when a member has been unsuccessful in contacting his opponent. This information will be updated for all active members only, not the Waiting List players until they become part of the actual league.
All this information will be posted on a brand new page, the MEMBER DATABASE page. This page will be very useful in finding out all the interesting facts about SFCCL members. I will list the above mentioned information for all active members (PSN name, fighters, home state or country, availability, week joined, etc). This will also be the page that will have the most current Waiting List for all potential members. The roster of fighters being used will also be on this new page. Other things might be added over time, such as member's Player Points and Battle Points. I may also have their current level of match completion rate. Also, I may feature artwork as submitted by the league members on this page, so get your art to me ASAP!
The current rankings and weekly matches will now be on one page known as RANKS & MATCHES. This page will also get a facelift from the previous season and should be easier to read. I think it will be very beneficial to have the weekly matches listed directly below the division rankings, versus having them on different pages. As the league possibly grows, the listings might get longer. Also, in contrast to season 1, the Fight Archives for season 2 will be on a separate page located under the "More..." section. This will be for reference and page length purposes.
The VIDEOS page will be similar to last season, but will also be better organized. Like the current videos of Wild_X and UltimaCloud's battle, they will be smaller and boxed together. To keep the page load time fast, older videos will have their links posted for viewing directly on YouTube. All members are encouraged to submit their videos for posting. Recording should be a lot easier now that we have the Replay Channel to view (and record) our most recent matches.
All upcoming special events will be fully detailed under the EVENTS page. An announcement will be made when this page is updated with new information, and all events in the past will remain on this page.
The COMMUNITY page was first introduced last season, but has also been updated. The SFCCL Chat Box and official league message board are located here. Neither seems to get much use with all the other forums the SFCCL operates on, but they are a useful tool for those interested. The Chat Box may become an important tool to use in organizing the special events since the PSN Text Chat seems to create a lot of lag for members playing their matches. I would suggest exited the Text Chat before playing your matches.
Finally, the MORE... page is simply an archive of season 2 matches and all of the pages (rankings, fight archive, video archive, Super Brawl tournament, etc.) from season 1.
SEASON 2 EVENTS
With the season 2 preview video, a lot of interest has been sparked by some of the events mentioned in the video. Below is a schedule of the entire season, including the special events. (This schedule will be posted on the Members Database page for future reference)
Week 1 : June 28 - July 11
Week 2 : July 12 - 25
Week 3 : July 26 - Aug 8 (featuring War Games)
Week 4 : August 9 - 22
Week 5 : August 23 - Sep 5 (Inter-Divisional Matches - Silver v Bronze / A v B)
Week 6 : September 6 - 19
Week 7 : September 20 - Oct 3 (featuring Survivor Series)
Week 8 : October 4 - 17
Week 9 : October 18 - 31
Week 10 : November 1 - 14 (Inter-Divisional Matches - Gold v Silver / Bronze v A)
Week 11 : November 15 - 28 (featuring Fall Brawl)
Week 12 : November 29 - Dec 12
Week 13 : December 13 - 26 (featuring Singles Nite)
Break : December 27th - January 2nd
Week 14 : January 3 - 16
Week 15 : January 17 - 30 (Inter-Divisional Matches - Silver v Bronze / A v B)
Week 16 : January 31 - Feb 13 (featuring War Games)
Week 17 : February 14 - 27
Week 18 : February 28 - Mar 13
Week 19 : March 14 - 27 (featuring Survivor Series)
Week 20 : March 28 - Apr 10 (Inter-Divisional Matches - Gold v Silver / Bronze v A)
Week 21 : April 11 - 24
Week 22 : April 25 - May 8
Week 23 : May 9 - 22 (featuring 2vs2 Tournament)
Week 24 : May 23 - Jun 5
Week 25 : June 6 - 19 (Inter-Divisional Matches - Silver v Bronze / A v B)
SUPER BRAWL II : beginning June 20th, 2011
Every league 'week' is scheduled for a full 14 days. I hope (expect) that with a smaller, more efficient league, we should complete all weekly matches before the full 14 days expire. If this is the case, I will update the division rankings and matches for the following week earlier than the dates indicated above. If the league continues to move faster than the 14-day weeks, I will gladly move up the dates on all the activites. Note, Week 13 can be considered 21-days long as I have inserted a 'week off' during the time between Christmas and New Years. However, if anyone completes their Week 13 matches quickly, they basically have 2 to 3 weeks off as Week 14 will not be posted until January 3rd, 2011.
War Games : League members compete in the Endless Battle mode. In a full lobby of 8 players, the first member to win seven matches in a row wins 1st place. The next member to win five in a row wins 2nd place, and the next member to win three in a row takes 3rd place. The setup will change if there are more or less members participating.
Survivor Series : A member's 4-character team takes on another member's 4-character team in an elimination style tournament.
Fall Brawl : A league wide event where each division will be set in a 16-fighter single elimination tournament that will reorganize an entire division in one week. A brand new event for season 2 and the only non-live special event.
2vs2 Tournament : Two member teams battle two other members using the Team Battle function online.
Singles Nite : Single member tournament using the Tournament mode online.
Super Brawl II : The horror...the excitement...the frustration...the joy...the laughs...the tears...the sequel.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
There might a few other noticeable changes to the website, but I'm not allowed to discuss it. When you see them, you will know what they are. Do as you please with them, but if they are too distracting for my tastes, I will remove them.
Also, I had a custom t-shirt printed for myself with the SFCCL logo. I thought others may be interested in having one as well, so I am considering selling the shirts on this website. I don't have the specific pricing yet, but most likely it would be for about $15 plus shipping (about $5 shipped in US / international mail will be more obviously). The t-shirt has the SFCCL banner on the front of the shirt and the website address on the back. Only available color right now is black, but it would come in various sizes. Please submit your vote below so I can test the level of interest out there.
Until next Friday when I will (hopefully) have the final roster of members and their fighters!